Axis Bank is the third-largest privately-owned bank and is a well-known name in India’s financial markets. Axis bank offers investments and trading related services through its subsidiary, Axis Direct (or Axis Securities) which further provides Axis Demat Account.
One can invest in equity, derivatives, mutual funds, systematic investment plans (or SIPs), etc. through Axis Securities.
In this article, we shall be discussing various aspects related to Axis demat account.
Axis Demat Account Review
Let us now have a look at the major features of Axis demat account.
1. Ease of Dematerialisation – One just needs to submit physical securities along with a request form for dematerialisation of securities.
2. Ease of Rematerialisation – One also has the facility of converting e securities into physical form.
3. Corporate Benefits – With Axis demat account, one has the facility of receiving corporate benefits like dividends, interest, etc. directly in one’s account.
4. Pledging – One can pledge his / her shares in Axis demat account in order to obtain a kind of loan on one’s securities.
5. Facility of freezing account – One can freeze his / her Axis demat account for a certain specified amount of time period during which there can not be any debits from the account.
6. Call and Know – One has the facility to call and know all the details regarding one’s holdings in Axis demat account through a phone.
7. Online Availability of Holdings and Statements of transactions – They can be viewed at anytime online. One can get all the details through email as well.
8. Ease of Transfer of Shares and Money – There is a seamless flow of transfer of funds as well as shares in one’s Axis demat account.
9. Speed – e – Facility – Axis demat accounts offer this facility to its customers with the help of which they can give delivery instructions using the internet.
Axis Demat Account Opening
The online process of opening Axis demat account is extremely simple and easy to do.
You just need to fill in some basic details like name, email id, city of residence and phone number to get a one – time password to continue the process of opening Axis demat account.
You can also use the offline process of the Axis demat account opening. You will need to submit the account opening form with copies of all the required documents for the process.
These can be submitted at any branch of AxisDirect and the account will be open and ready to use in a few days.
However, to open your demat account with one of the top stockbrokers in the country, just fill in the form below and we will assist you in the next steps ahead:
Axis Bank Demat Account Documents
One needs to submit the scanned copies of the following documents while opening the account online:
Aadhar card/voter id/driving licence, etc, as proof of address
Axis demat account can be opened easily with AxisDirect which has some good features like easy demat and remat of securities, 3 – in – 1 account which allows seamless flow of transactions among the three accounts – bank account, trading and demat accounts.
Other features include pledging of securities for obtaining extra margins in the trading account, the facility of freezing one’s account for a stipulated amount of time, etc.
The account opening process is quite simple and just needs some basic documents of a person.
The online process will take just a few minutes to complete the formalities at one’s end. The details of account opening and maintenance charges can be seen in this article.
One should know about one’s trading requirements and choose a brokerage plan offered by Axis Direct accordingly.
Trade@20 brokerage plan is an attractive plan offered by Axis but not everyone cannot be eligible to be a part of it. An average minimum balance of Rs. 75000 should be maintained on a quarterly basis for existing Axis customers.
Non-Axis customers need to pay special charges for being able to trade under this plan. The other brokerage plans have also been discussed in details and are more expensive as compared to brokerage plans offered by discount brokers.
AxisDirect mobile app can also be used in order to trade and view holdings of the demat account.
Advantages of Axis demat account include ease in remat and demat of securities, facility of calling and knowing the balance of holdings in one’s Axis demat account, easy transfer of securities and funds among the Axis demat account and bank savings and trading account.
Disadvantages of having Axis demat account include higher brokerages except for trade@20 plan and non-availability of this plan for currency and commodity trading.
One should look at various aspects of Axis demat account before deciding to open it. Charges, features, brokerage plans, advantages and disadvantages are the things one should be aware of.
In case you are looking to get started with stock market investments, let us help you take the next steps ahead.
Just fill in the form below to get started:
More on Axis Direct
If you wish to learn more about this stockbroker, here are a few references for you: