Angel Broking PMS
Angel Broking PMS is a well-known stockbroker as well as an established PMS Company. It provides customized PMS (Portfolio Management Services) to its customers to realize their investment goals.
This service comes from the prominent full-service stockbroker, Angel Broking that provides the opportunity to invest and trade in multiple investment products such as Equity, Commodity Trading, Currency Trading, Mutual funds etc.
Angel Broking PMS Review
Angel Broking PMS was established in the year 1997 under the leadership of Mr Dinesh Thakkar. The headquarters of the company is in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Angel Broking started its journey as a sub-broker business with a team that had only three members. Now it is present all over India through 11,000+ branches and has become one of the largest broking houses in the country.
Angel Broking PMS, a reputed name in the industry, is famous among portfolio investors for its outstanding performance over the years.
PMS is a customized service, providing a variety of investment options which best suited to the clients in the current market situation.
The firm serves its PMS clients through a large network of branches spread all over the country. It has appointed dedicated fund coordinators to solve various queries of investors.
They are provided with a unique ID and password to access their portfolio and track their performance.
Angel Broking Portfolio Management Services has a team of portfolio managers who are experts in their field and can efficiently manage the portfolio of clients.
The professional fund managers of Angel Broking create a portfolio for the clients in equities, Debt, Bonds, cash and structured products to fulfil the special needs of the clients.
The minimum investment in PMS is ₹50 lakhs.
The firm makes investments in those companies that are far superior and have a competitive advantage over their competitors.
These investments are made through two different strategies created by the firm to achieve the investment objective of investors:
In this review on Angel Broking PMS, we will try to throw light on each and every aspect of the company for the benefit of PMS investors who want to know the details.
We will cover the types of PMS provided, the Manager’s details, strategies, performance/return, investment plans, commission model, charges, customer support, conclusion and finally some frequently asked questions about this PMS house.
So, let’s start our discussion with the returns of PMS.
Angel Broking PMS Returns
Angel Broking PMS returns are very good for its investors that gives trust to the new portfolio investors who want to invest through the portfolio. Angel Broking portfolio has beaten the 10 years Mutual fund return.
Angel Broking PMS has given:
- 11% return to the investors for 3 years.
- 9% return for 5 years of investment and
- 7% return for 7 years.
- for 10 years the return increases to 12% and
- for more than 11 years, the return is around 13% CAGR.
Overall, we can say that the PMS returns or performance of Angel Broking PMS service is much more attractive to attract more portfolio investors to the company.
Angel Broking PMS Types
Angel Broking provides both types of PMS services to investors. One is discretionary PMS and another is Non-discretionary service.
Let’s know how it is done in the case of Angel Broking PMS:
1. Discretionary Service
With this service, the decision related to your portfolio solely remains to the portfolio manager. He gets the right to decide any product’s addition or subtraction from your portfolio. You can access your portfolio to see the steps taken by the portfolio manager.
Under this type of PMS service, clients’ Portfolio is managed by expert with their expert knowledge and experience. So, the chances of positive return increase with this PMS type.
2. Non-Discretionary Service
Under non-discretionary service, You will get the portfolio investment suggestion and investment plan suggestion from the fund manager. But, the choice and the time of investment decision remains in your hand. You will have the right to make a decision about your portfolio.
However, the trade for your investment portfolio will be done by the portfolio manager.
3. Advisory Service
Under this service by Angel Broking PMS, the client receives suggestions and recommendations from the portfolio advisor. There is no fund manager but only an advisor. In this service, the complete discretion of investing or passing the advice is on the investor.
The investor is solely responsible for any profits or losses borne at the end of the process.
Angel Broking PMS Fund Manager
Angel Broking has a team of professionals who are efficient enough to provide superior portfolio service to clients. They provide them with portfolio service according to their investment objective and risk-bearing capacity.
Here we are going to discuss one of the portfolio managers of Angel Broking PMS:
Angel Broking PMS Strategy
Angel Broking PMS works in three ways – two unique strategies or a combination of these two strategies. This plan of action is on similar lines to most of the firms in the industry.
It invests in the various large-cap, mid-cap, small-cap stocks while following the strategies. The strategies are decided according to the risk appetite and the investment goals of a client.
As these three strategies are very common in the industry, the firm has created different products/strategies to make the investors profit with minimum risk.
The two strategies used by the Angel Broking PMS are as follows:
1. Angel Evergreen Large-Cap Portfolio
Angel Evergreen Large-cap strategy is for the investment in those companies which have a large market cap. Under this strategy, investment is made for those stocks which are long-term and well-established players in the stock market.
These companies are fundamentally strong which help them to maintain their strength and trust of shareholders in the market. Ultimately, it helps the company to grow at a constant pace and give a good return to the investors.
Investment under this strategy is made for 18-24 months of time duration. Both risk and return are moderate.
2. Angel Lotus Portfolio
Under Angel lotus portfolio, the motive of portfolio investment is wealth creation for the medium to long term. The money is invested in the equities market by focusing solely on the fundamentals of a company with the mixture focused on growth and value of the same company.
The time duration of this investment is 18-24 months. The risk and return under this strategy are moderate.
Angel Broking PMS Approach
The PMS house follows the principle of both values investing as well as growth investing.
- Its focus is on the capital preservation of investors.
- Select the stocks for the investment portfolio at the right stage of movement where the risk is low and the return is high.
- Identify those businesses that are a new players and unknown in the market and have the capacity to grow in the future.
- The hidden valuation of a stock is given priority over absolute market capitalization for stock picking.
- The strategies provided by the company are suitable for long term investors who are investing with a view of medium to stocks for long term investment return.
- The firm tries to capture the value investing by making an investment during the very early stage of a stock.
The investment products provided by Angel Broking PMS like equity, debt, fixed capital are customized according to the personal financial need and risk appetite of a particular investor.
Angel Broking PMS Service
Following are the key parameters on which the investing value of a stock is analyzed for the investment purpose in the Angel portfolio:
- First of all, the strength of the management team with their quality is checked before deciding a stock to add to the portfolio.
- As the business model of a company plays a vital role in its growth. The firm checks the business model which should be of superior quality.
- There must be a future growth prospect for a company.
Angel Broking PMS Investment Plans
Angel Broking PMS provides equal opportunity to every category of investors to come and take the portfolio service of the company.
The firm attracts investors by providing them different investment plans which suit a different category of investors – high profile clients or a medium or a low category investor (on the basis of investment capacity and risk-bearing capacity).
Angel Broking provides four investment plans for the investors which are:
- Bronze (₹25L-₹50L)
- Silver (₹50L- ₹1 Cr)
- Gold (₹1Cr-₹5 Cr)
- Platinum (₹5 Cr & above)
The investment plans are Bronze which starts with the minimum investment money of ₹25 Lakh and goes up to ₹50L. This plan suits those investors who have a low investing capability and low risk-bearing capacity.
The second one is Silver whose range is ₹50L – ₹1 CR, Gold is for those investors who can invest between ₹1 CR to ₹5 CR, and the last one is Platinum which is for high profile investors with a high-risk appetite.
Angel Broking PMS Commission Models
Angel Broking provides flexibility in the commission to be paid by the investors to the company.
It helps them to choose any model according to their convenience. Like other PMS firms, Angel Broking also provides three commission models to the investors.
You can choose any model which you wish best suits you:
- Prepaid commission.
- Volume-based commission
- Profit based commission.
Let’s discuss it one by one:
1. Prepaid Commission
Under this model, the PMS commission is paid in advance to the fund manager without starting a portfolio management service.
Theoretically, this model is in favour of investors if the portfolio gives a huge profit because a fixed percentage of the value of portfolio investment is already paid as a commission to the firm.
The percentage of the commission is decided by both the investor and the fund manager based on the total value of the portfolio.
2. Volume-based Commission
The volume-based commission model is the second type of model provided by Angel Broking PMS.
Under this model, the commission is charged on the basis of the total volume of the transactions completed for the portfolio. The value of transactions completed for a portfolio is the base to decide the commission.
A percentage is fixed before starting the PMS service and after a year a percentage is charged on the basis of the volume of commission.
The authenticity of a fund manager is very important in this model. It depends on the fund manager as he can increase the volume of transactions without much profit or can get a high profit with a minimum number of transactions.
3. Profit-sharing Based Commission Model
This model of commission is very attractive and is a favourite model for the majority of clients.
Under this model, a pre-decided percentage of profit earned out of the investment portfolio is shared with the fund manager as a commission/fee. The higher the profit, the higher the commission.
But, the best thing in this model is that at least the full effort of a fund manager is assured because he knows that he will earn only after the performance of the portfolio.
And the higher profit from the portfolio means the higher commission of a fund manager.
Here is the table which shows the percentage of commission in all the three models:
Angel Broking PMS Charges
The following are the PMS charges in India, which you are required to pay to Angel Broking PMS for taking portfolio investment service.
- Management fee: This is the fee charged by the management of Angel Broking for giving PMS service to the investors. It depends on the investment plan chosen by the investor. The asset management fee of the company is 2% P.A.
- Broking charge: It is 0.5% of each transaction completed by the fund manager within a year.
- Upfront fee: This fee is more likely than the prepaid fee charged by the firm. The range of the Upfront fees is between 0.5%-0.8% of total asset value.
- Custodian charge: This is a guardian fee that is charged by the firm to keep your asset in its custody. It is charged in the range of 0.1%-0.3% of total asset value.
- Depository charge: The range of depository charge is between 0.1%-0.5% of asset value.
- Assessment Charges: 2% per annum
- Exit load fees: The exit load fee is charged on the withdrawal amount that is withdrawn within a year of portfolio creation.
The PMS charges are in the range of 0.7%-1.2% of the withdrawal amount. There is no exit load fee on the amount which is withdrawn after one year of portfolio creation.
Angel Broking PMS Benefits
Following are the benefits of portfolio management services from Angel Broking PMS:
- Angel Broking makes the investment of your funds in those companies which are fundamentally strong and has competitive advantages over its competitors. So, the chances of the best return out of the portfolio increase.
- The firm goes through a well-maintained investment philosophy. It helps them to make an investment without any confusion about taking further steps.
- The company provides you with a dedicated relationship manager to whom you can call to solve your queries related to your investment portfolio.
- Angel Broking provides personalized service for every client. One can easily get PMS service according to their financial objective and risk appetite.
- It provides you with a facility to access your portfolio online through a personal password and ID.
Other related benefits:
- Active risk management team.
- Benefits of active re-balancing and review.
- Experienced fund management team.
- Personalized portfolio management service.
- Flexibility to change investment strategy as per once needed.
- Separate team to solve your fund related queries.
- Large networks spread all over the country to serve investors.
Angel Broking PMS Customer Care
As a customer of Angel Broking, you will get any support from the company related to the portfolio. Some of them are the following:
You will get the direct calling facility, in which you can call a relationship manager to solve your problems related to your portfolio.
Also, as a client of the company, you will get a WhatsApp and SMS facility. You are also allowed to call the fund manager directly in case any confusion arises regarding your portfolio. You can call a fund manager 5-10 times a month.
With Angel Broking, the TAT (turnaround time) for issue resolving is 10 working days.
For any help or queries, you can contact Angel Broking PMS customer care at 022 28254443 or mail them at – email@example.com.
Angel Broking PMS Disclosure Document
If you are looking for the Angel Broking PMS Disclosure document, then the broker has put up some of the recent ones for reference.
Here is one of those for you to check out.
As we know, Angel Broking provides superior portfolio management service to High net-worth individuals (HNIs) with the help of an expert fund management and research team.
It gives flexibility in investment plans and commission models also so that the client does not feel any obstacle.
The firm provides customized portfolio investment solutions within a range of investment products that best suits the clients according to their personalized requirements and risk-bearing capacity.
The clients can also get the best customer support from the company to solve their queries.
So, if you are the one who is looking to avail yourself of the facility of a top PMS company, you can join hands with this PMS house without thinking too much.
In case you are looking to use portfolio management services, let us assist you in taking the next steps forward in the right direction:
Angel Broking PMS FAQs
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Angel Broking PMS:
- What is the maximum limit of investment in PMS?
There is no upper limit in PMS, you can invest as high as you want according to your risk appetite and financial strength.
2. How can I introduce his/her initial corpus?
Initial Corpus can either be introduced through cash or securities/shares.
3. Can anyone Provide PMS?
No, it can only be provided by those entities who are registered under SEBI for PMS. Currently, it is provided by Broking houses and Asset management companies (AMCs) in India.
4. Who can get PMS at Angel Broking?
The following can get PMS:
- An Individual
- Hindu undivided families
- Limited companies
- Association of person
- Firms, societies, NRIs, Overseas companies etc.
5. What is the time-horizon of return of your PMS Schemes?
Generally, it is between 12-18 months.
Know more about Angel Broking