Motilal Oswal Brokerage Plans
Check All Brokerage Reviews
Motilal Oswal Brokerage Plans have recently been reshuffled under the Motilal Oswal Value Pack. This pack can be subscribed by you at any given point in time through Motilal Oswal Orion Lite Software as well.
So if you are a demat account holder with Motilal Oswal or thinking of opening the same then you can update your brokerage plan easily using the software provided to you by the broker.
This Motilal Oswal Value pack has been designed for serious traders and investors who are:
- Either looking for a high trade turnover amount
- Or looking to regularly invest or trade in the stock market even with low turnover per trade
This Motilal Oswal pack is NOT suitable for:
- Investors looking to invest once in a few months and stay invested in those stocks for a long duration
Motilal Oswal Value Pack
Basically, the Motilal Oswal Brokerage plans under this value pack require you to provide an upfront payment to the broker. There are multiple subscription options to choose from. Higher the initial payment you pay, lower is the brokerage levied on your trades across segments.
The idea is whatever brokerage is generated from your trades gets deducted from the initial payment you have paid.
It is like recharging your prepaid mobile connection where you pay the telecom company a specific amount and the call charges are deducted automatically.
The validity, in this case, is for a lifetime and stays with your account till you plan to change it yourself or close the account with Motilal Oswal.
Some related Motilal Oswal charges under this pack are as follows:
- Online Admin Charges: ₹199 + GST
- Online AMC or Annual Maintenance Charges per year: ₹299 (first year free) + GST
- Offline Admin Charges: ₹199 + GST
- Offline AMC or Annual Maintenance Charges: ₹550 + GST
The different subscription amounts you can opt for, include:
This needs to be noted that if you take up the value pack of ₹3,000 or more, then the above-mentioned charges such as Admin, AMC are levied off.
Once you pay for any of these subscription plans, the brokerage gets lowered for the following trading segments:
- Equity Delivery
- Equity Intraday
- Equity Futures
- Currency Options (in fact, we have reviewed Currency Brokerage in Motilal Oswal completely here at A Digital Blogger as well)
- Commodity Futures (better check out this review on Motilal Oswal Commodity brokerage for more information)
Here is a quick look at the different plans of Motilal Oswal Brokerage:
Motilal Oswal Brokerage
If you choose not to opt for any plan or value pack, then the following are the brokerage charges you will be levied on your trades.
For instance, for Equity Delivery trades valued at ₹50,000 – then you will be paying a brokerage of ₹250 for that particular trade.
You may choose to use the Motilal Oswal Brokerage Calculator to understand the brokerage charges, other taxes and payments and your final profits from the trade. As far as the default brokerage values are concerned, here are the details:
Motilal Oswal Equity Brokerage
For Equity trading at the Delivery level, these brokerage charges will be levied on your trades. For instance, if you have paid ₹10,000 upfront, then your delivery brokerage is reduced to half at 0.25%.
Got it? If not, it is highly recommended that you learn Motilal Oswal Delivery Brokerage for your further understanding on this point.
For the same example discussed above, the brokerage now will be halved to ₹125 and thus, you save half the brokerage amount you’d have paid in the default plan.
Motilal Oswal Options Brokerage
For traders preferring options trading, Motilal Oswal brokerage plans for Equity and Currency are as follows:
If you prefer Equity options trading and even if you opt for a ₹2000 upfront plan, then your brokerage is directly halved from ₹100 per lot to ₹50 per lot. That is definitely some steal!
For further detailed information regarding equity, you can read Motilal Oswal Equity.
Motilal Oswal Brokerage Intraday
Intraday trading runs in high frequency in terms of the number of trades placed. Here choosing a larger subscription plan makes sense simply for the reason that your brokerage can be halved to even reduced to one-fourth of what you would have paid for the default brokerage plan.
Here is how the Motilal Oswal Brokerage plans are scattered in this segment:
Motilal Oswal Futures Brokerage
As in the case of Intraday trading, Motilal Oswal trading charges go through the same reduction in the case of futures trading for Motilal Oswal.
Here are the details:
Motilal Oswal Brokerage Plans Considerations
Finally, here are some of the aspects that you need to take care of while opting for any of these Motilal Oswal brokerage plans under the Value pack:
- Depending on the upfront payment paid by you, the corresponding brokerage charges will be levied on your trades. It is suggested that you keep a close eye on the final amount deducted from your trades.
- In order to activate the value pack, you need to may the payment either at the time of account opening or in case you are an existing client, then at the time of scheme activation. Once payment is confirmed, your account will be aligned to that particular brokerage plans.
- You cannot change the plan until the brokerage amount paid is realized completely.
- The renewal of the plan happens automatically in the background. Once the upfront paid amount is consumed completely, your account will be charged with the same amount from your trading account balance.
- You can choose to change the plan once your amount is consumed completely by notifying Motilal Oswal Customer care or your account executive 7 days prior to the expiry of the plan.
- You may choose to discontinue the plan by notifying the broker 7 days prior to the expiry of the plan. In case your amount is exhausted then there are no settlements to be done. The brokerage plan will then be shifted towards the default brokerage
- If you choose to close the demat account with Motilal Oswal, then any unutilized brokerage amount will be reversed to your account. The broker, although, charges ₹500 as foreclosure charges from the client.
In case you are looking to get started with stock market trading or investments in general, let us assist you in taking the next steps forward:
More on Motilal Oswal:
If you want to know more about Motilal Oswal, here are a few references for you:
Also, check the brokerage charges levied by other stockbrokers in India here: