Motilal Oswal Complaints

Other Stock Broker Complaints

Motilal Oswal is a full-service stockbroker in India and is known for its research, offline presence through sub-brokers and franchise offices along with reasonable performance-based trading platforms. However, there are few areas where Motilal Oswal complaints are raised by the broker’s clients. We will touch upon some of the relevant data and info points around that area here.
Furthermore, since it’s a full-service stockbroker, charges of Motilal Oswal brokerage relatively higher. You can check this Motilal Oswal Brokerage Calculator for reference.
As per the latest records of the National Stock Exchange (NSE), Motilal Oswal has an active client base of3,29,928.

Complaints Against Motilal Oswal

Here is a quick snap-shot of the complaints raised by its client base over the last few years along with the number of complaints resolved by the broker in each financial year.

As shown above, this is the break up of the complaints received by the broker and resolved at the same time.
  • For the year 2015, Motilal Oswal complaints were 116 and it was able to resolve 100% of the complaints.
  • For the year 2016, Motilal Oswal complaints were 119 and it was able to resolve 100% of the complaints.
  • For the year 2017, Motilal Oswal complaints were 95 and it was able to resolve 100% of the complaints.
  • For the year 2018, Motilal Oswal complaints are 213 and it was able to resolve 100% of the complaints.
  • For the year 2019, Motilal Oswal complaints are 90 and it was able to resolve 91% of the complaints while the rest 9% remain unresolved.

Motilal Oswal complaints Vs Industry

When it comes to comparing Motilal Oswal with the Industry Average in terms of the number of complaints per 10,000 clients, then this is how the broker stands against the industry average:
In other words, Motilal Oswal gets the same percentage of complaints as the overall stockbroking industry standards. Currently, both (industry average and Motilal Oswal average) stand at 0.02% i.e. 2 complaints are raised for every 1000 clients.
If you have had any good or bad experiences with the broker, feel free to share in the comments section below and help your fellow traders to make a decision to go ahead with Motilal Oswal as a stockbroker or not.

In case you are looking for a Stock Broker suggestion, feel free to provide your details in the form below and a callback will be arranged for you:

Free Demat Account


More On Motilal Oswal:

If you are looking for more information on Motilal Oswal stockbroker, here are a few reference articles for you:

Broker Name
Motilal Oswal
Overall Rating

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

20 − 17 =