How to Activate Option Trading in Zerodha?
Check All Frequently Asked Questions
Options trading is a trading segment that is quickly catching up in the Indian Stock Market. So, are you also one of the stock market enthusiasts who want to explore the field of options trading? Don’t worry as here we will cover how to activate option trading in Zerodha so that you can begin your trading journey.
You must be wondering if there is a need to activate the derivatives segment separately, is there also a need to open a separate Zerodha demat account or trading for that?
The answer is No! You don’t need any separate Zerodha demat account to start trading options in Zerodha. One demat account gives you the facility to trade across various segments.
Although, you need to enable options trading in Zerodha to begin the process. So, let us now look at how to activate options in Zerodha?
How to Activate Option Trading in Zerodha Kite?
Zerodha Kite is an app for option trading that provides its users a seamless experience of trading amongst various segments. It allows you to trade not just in the equity segment but also in the derivatives segment.
You just have to activate option trading, to begin with, the process. Let us now quickly look at the activation process of Zerodha Kite option trading.
- In the first step, log in to Zerodha Console using your Login credentials.
- Now on the right corner, click on the drop-down menu and select ‘My Profile.’
- You will be redirected to another page.
- Now click on the ‘Activate Segment.’
- You will now see a pop-up window. Click on the segment that you wish to activate (F&O in this case)
- You will now have to enter your gross income and also upload proof for the same. (this is mandatory to activate the derivatives segment)
The accepted documents for the income proof are as follows,
- Latest salary slip
- A proof of the last 6 months bank statement.
- Select the gross income.
- The certificate of net worth.
- A statement of your demat holdings.
- Copy of ITR acknowledgment.
- Now click on the ‘Submit button’.
- After the successful completion of the process, you will receive a message of your activation.
One thing that one should look for is the gross income to activate the segment. Following are the option of income provided to you in the Zerodha Console.
Zerodha Segment Activation Time
Above is the basic requirement to activate option trading in Zerodha.
But what is the time require that the broker generally takes to enable futures and options trade?
Generally, if all your documents are submitted and are correct then the options segment gets activated within 48 hours of application after which you can easily trade in futures and options by logging in to Zerodha Kite.
Zerodha Segment Activation Charges
Next, the most important aspect, does the broker charges any fees for activating the futures and options segment?
Are you looking for the same?
If yes then here is the information in the table below:
|Zerodha Segment Activation Charges|
|F&O Activation Charges||Nil|
Thus, you can activate option trading in Zerodha for FREE.
How to Do Options Trading in Zerodha?
Once you have successfully opened your account and activate the options trading segment in Zerodha, you can easily trade in options by following the given steps.
- Open Zerodha Kite using your login credentials.
- Search the scrip that you want to trade in. (CE represents the call option and PE represents the put option)
- Now you can access the option chain and select the strike price which is most suitable to you.
- Select the buy/sell option in order to buy or sell option in Zerodha.
- A window will pop up. Enter the quantity and click on ‘Place order’
By following these simple steps you can easily trade in options in Zerodha.
If you have a demat and trading account with Zerodha, so can easily start options trading. You just have to activate the derivatives segment, without paying any additional cost.
Keep your required documents handy, login to the app, and start options trading easily and effectively.
Not having a demat account, open it now for FREE!
More on Zerodha